If you’re in the market for an Oculus Quest 2 for sale, it might be tempting to go out and buy one without doing any research. But before you do that, make sure you check out these tips. We’ll explain how to prepare your Device for sale and what precautions to take before selling your Quest 2 on eBay or Amazon.
Before going to the store for this Oculus Quest 2 for sale, we need to figure out what kind of situation you’re in.
Before going to the store for this Oculus Quest 2 for sale, we need to figure out what kind of situation you’re in. For example, if you have a big family and always want it at home, you should check out what things you can have in your room and where they will fit best.
For example, if you already have an Xbox One X or PlayStation 4 Pro console that works well with the Oculus Quest 2 headset (such as a TV), then maybe adding another one won’t be necessary. But if there are no consoles or TVs around, getting an Xbox One X or PlayStation 4 Pro may be a good idea because they can function as both consoles and monitors/screens when connected to other devices, such as computers or phones, via HDMI cables or USB ports respectively.
To start, check your Oculus app.
To start, check your Oculus app. You can use the app to check for updates, games, apps, and even friends.
- Check for updates: You’ll want to ensure the Device has the latest version of software installed before you purchase it from someone. If there’s an update available, follow these steps:
- Open the Oculus app on your phone and tap “Updates” under Settings in the left-hand column.
- Tap “Check for Update” next to Quest or any other VR headset connected to your account (if any).
- Wait while it checks for new updates that may be available. It should only take a few minutes!
It’s time to clear out some old games.
Before buying games for your new VR headset, you should clear out some of the old ones. This is simple enough to do:
- Delete games that are not compatible with the new Device. If the Oculus Quest doesn’t support a game, it will appear as “Not Compatible” in your library. You can also view this information by selecting Games in Library and looking at the bottom of each game’s page for a compatibility checkmark.
- Delete games that are taking up too much space on your hard drive. Even if they were purchased digitally or already installed on your computer, deleting them from your library will free up some room on your PC or Mac’s hard drive. It won’t take long before we see software updates allowing us to download our favorite games directly onto our headsets!
- Delete older titles you don’t play anymore; these were likely purchased when there was no other option besides downloading them (which is still an option). As newer titles become available through streaming services like Netflix and Hulu Plus, there may be little reason to keep older ones around anymore!
Remove old games from the Library page.
- Remove old games from the Library page to free up memory space.
- Delete unused videos or photos to free up memory space.
- Run through your settings and get them exactly how you want them.
- Clear Account Access using Oculus Home on the Quest and then go back into Oculus Home on your computer and reinstall it again, or use our guide here!
- Transfer data from your Quest to a new VR device (if applicable).
Delete unused videos or photos to free up memory space
If you want to free up space on your Oculus Quest, you can delete any photos and videos that are no longer relevant. You can also delete any apps that aren’t frequently used and games you don’t enjoy playing very much. So if an app, game, or friend in your Oculus Quest isn’t useful to you anymore, go ahead and delete it.
Run through your settings and get them exactly how you want them.
Before you sell your Oculus Quest, it’s best to ensure you have your settings and other information exactly how you want them.
This is important because once the sale is complete, the buyer can access the same information when they bought it from you. So if anything needs to be added or corrected at this point, it can mess up their experience with their new headset.
- Make sure that any passwords required for your accounts are still set up and working properly on both phones and in the headset itself. This includes credit card info if needed for purchasing games or apps through Oculus Store (if applicable).
- Ensure that any parental controls are turned off so that kids can’t purchase things without permission from an adult who has Access to those accounts.
Clear Account Access.
To clear your account’s Access, go to Settings and scroll down to Account Access. From there, tap on the account you want to remove Access from. If it’s a family profile, this is usually indicated by their name appearing in blue text. If not, it will be indicated by their name appearing in black text.
Once you’ve selected the correct account (or tapped through multiple profiles), tap Remove Access at the bottom of your screen and then confirm that you’d like to remove this user’s Access before proceeding with deleting them completely by tapping Delete Account or Cancel (if they’re already gone).
Transfer data from your Quest to a new VR device.
- Connect your Quest to the computer using a USB 3.0 port
- Download and install the Oculus app on your computer
- Open the Oculus app on your computer and select Settings from the left menu (or navigate to More > Settings). In this menu, select Reset Account Information and click Reset My Data. You will be prompted to enter your password when doing this.
Turn off the feature that makes Facebook searchable in VR.
The Oculus Quest, like most VR headsets, offers a feature called “social search.” This allows you to see the Facebook profiles of friends who are logged in at the same time as you. However, this feature can also be accessed by anyone else using the same network as your Oculus Quest headset, meaning that if someone has hacked into your wireless network and is using it to watch porn or play games without paying for them, they could also use social search to find out who all of your friends are and what they look like.
This isn’t just a theoretical concern: one Reddit user noted that his teenage sister’s profile appeared on his boss’s Device when he was using it at work, even though she wasn’t on the company network! To disable this potentially dangerous feature: go into settings in your Oculus Go app (or within any applications where you’re already logged in), then turn off “social search.” Of course, you’ll still be able to access Facebook through its app; however, nothing about this process will allow any third-party site or person to snoop around inside it!
Turn off any microphone and camera access for different apps and games.
The Oculus Quest can be used to access many different apps and games. You can also use it to access your Facebook account. If you don’t want anything in your personal life on Facebook, like pictures of you in an embarrassing outfit or a status update that says, “Just had my first kiss!” then you should turn off microphone and camera access for the app so that no one will see what you post there unless they search for it by name in VR.
You should also turn off your location when using the Oculus Quest because some apps let other people know where exactly in the world a person is at any given time. This could be dangerous if used maliciously by hackers or stalkers who want information about someone else’s whereabouts without their knowledge.
Suppose you have friends on social media platforms like Twitter or Instagram. In that case, it might not be wise to use those apps while using an Oculus Quest headset either since they allow users’ posts/comments/etcetera to be searchable via Google, which means anyone could find out what type of person lives near them (and whether or not they live alone). Similarly, perhaps consider turning off social media accounts altogether until things get settled down more, so nothing happens unexpectedly!
If you follow these steps, you can sell your old Oculus Quest without problems.
Before you sell your Oculus Quest, there are a few things you want to do first. This will ensure that your information is safe and prevent others from accessing personal data on the Device.
- Check your Oculus app. Make sure that all the downloaded games and apps are up-to-date, especially if they include sensitive information like passwords or credit card numbers. You can find this by clicking “Settings” in the main menu of your app, then selecting “Manage Your Content & Devices.” From here, select “Deactivate Device” under “My Devices.” That way, any data there won’t be available when it goes to its new owner!
- Clear out old games and remember Facebook searches too! You can delete games individually or all at once by going back into Manage Your Content & Devices and clicking Reset App Preferences under My Apps (if you’re using an older version) or Deactivate Device when prompted (on newer versions). It’s likely not necessary for most people but still worth doing if you want to be extra safe before selling off this technology!
With all of these steps, you can sell your Oculus Quest 2 for sale with no problems. It’s time to start looking at what kind of situation you’re in and where you can find the right buyer. You might even be able to get some money back out of it!